Church Hill UMC has long supported the American Red Cross by hosting a monthly blood drive at the church. We currently host the Blood Drive on the second Tuesday of each month. It is held in our Youth Hall upstairs from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Volunteers from the church and community help set up the room for the drive, greet and register donors as they arrive, and provide special refreshments in the “Canteen” for donors after they have donated blood. Our specialty during cool weather is home-made soup made by volunteers, and during warm weather, it’s root beer floats! We appreciate the gift of life provided by the donors and want to take good care of them!
We could use some additional volunteers from our church to support this outreach ministry. Would you consider being a volunteer? Here is what we need each month:
- Hosts in the canteen area where we provide soup in the winter months and root beer floats in the summer months to donors as they finish giving blood. These volunteers work from either 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. OR 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Registration area where we welcome donors and sign them in to the Red Cross system. We provide required reading materials for these donors each visit and answer any questions they have as they wait to be called by the Red Cross staff. These volunteers work from either 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. OR 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Donations of soup in the winter months. Donations of root beer and ice cream in the summer months.
- Room and table setup on the Monday evening before each blood drive date.
- Lockup and reset of room and tables following the blood drive on Tuesday evening.
Jan Gorsuch contacts volunteers every month to set up the schedule for each donation date. If you would be willing to add your name to our volunteer list from Church Hill UMC, please contact the church office at 330-759-0118 and provide your contact information.
Thank you for saving lives through the American Red Cross Blood Drive!