History of Church Hill United Methodist (CHUM) Church
Our congregation was first organized about 1821 as the Methodist Episcopal Church of Church Hill. It is assumed that the name of the church was changed to Church Hill Methodist Church in 1939 when the word Episcopal was dropped from all Methodist churches.
In February, 1968, Grace Evangelical United Brethren Church and Belmont Methodist Church voted to merge with Church Hill. The new congregation became Church Hill United Methodist Church. Their first worship together was on Sunday, March 3, 1968.
For more detail on the history of CHUM Church please click on the attached link. History of CHUM Church